The AI-Asas series for teaching Arabic to non-native speakers of different nationalities uses modern and advanced educational techniques to provide students with core understandings of the Arabic language and proper usage.
AI-Asas consists of six books that cover all levels from beginner to advanced so that learners can transition smoothly and gradually from one level to the next.
The series is based on international reference frameworks and standards for languages, such as the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) as well as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), with regards to language levels and skills (from listening and conversation to reading and writing) and linguistic, communicative, and cultural proficiency.
The series is unique in that it approaches grammatical issues from a functional angle.
Primer Level Book 1
The book for this level contains the following features:
- Letters of the alphabet with their short and long sounds. Each letter is explained in a separate lesson. Children practice through vocabulary and pictures with sensory meanings. Each lesson has several exercises on the letter, its pronunciation, and its use in all its forms
- Short dialogues that teach students to introduce themselves simply and to respond to greetings
- Numbers from 1 to 20.
- Demonstratives (this/these)
- Lots of extra exercises available on the Noorart application
- A dictionary for the vocabulary mentioned in the book, which is arranged according to occurrence in the lessons
- An audio recording of the book in both Arabic and English on the Noorart application