The AI-Asas series for teaching Arabic to non-native speakers of different nationalities uses modern and advanced educational techniques to provide students with core understandings of the Arabic language and proper usage.
AI-Asas consists of six books that cover all levels from beginner to advanced so that learners can transition smoothly and gradually from one level to the next.
The series is based on international reference frameworks and standards for languages, such as the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) as well as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), with regards to language levels and skills (from listening and conversation to reading and writing) and linguistic, communicative, and cultural proficiency.
The series is unique in that it approaches grammatical issues from a functional angle.
Intermediate Level Book 5
The book for this level contains the following features:
- Thirteen lessons with texts about politics, economics, history, Arab culture, and some ancient and modern personalities
- Grammatical and morphological rules that help in understanding and speaking Arabic
- An enrichment text and a listening text in each lesson. These texts may be poems, articles, or dialogues related to the subject of the lesson
- Several exercises that cover the four skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- A list of the vocabulary at the beginning of each lesson and its English translation
- Four appendices at the end of the book, including one with review exercises (these are also on the Noorart application
- Translation of this book from its original Arabic