A guide for non-Arabic readers to the pronunciation of the original text and to understanding some of the meanings revealed in the Glorious Qur’an.
2032 pages, size approximately 6" by 9" by 2.5"
Case bound, with beautiful dark green & gold stamped cover.
ISBN # 1-879402-99-8
This new translation and transliteration of the Qur’an makes it easy for the learner or non-Arabic reader to pronounce the sounds of the Words of Allah while cross-checking with the clear Arabic text. The transliteration (based on Mesa and Hart's rules) is clear and accurate, and is found directly opposite its Arabic counterpart. The English appears ayat by ayat under the transliteration. Both the Arabic and English characters are large enough to read easily, and are marked with detailed orthography (punctuation, stops, continuity, breathing, rules of tajwid). The language is respectful yet contemporary and very understandable. Additions to or ‘bridges’ in the text, necessary for the sake of English reading, are clearly distinguished by brackets and contain no editorial comment. The volume contains extensive notes and charts on tajwid, the rules for reading Qur’an, and a large index.
The Tajwidi Qur'an is transliterated and translated by Shaykh Nooruddeen Durkee. Its English is edited by Hajja Noura Durkee, with Arabic text hand-written by Munshi Muhammad Sharif and orthography by 'Ustadh Zafar 'Iqbal. The English 'translation' (inasmuch as that is possible) is built on a compendium of the shared understanding of previous translators such as M. Yusuf Ali, M. Pickthal, M. Asad, the Bewleys, and Um Muhammad.
In 1994, Shaykh Abdullah Noorudeen Durkee began this work while living in Alexandria, Egypt, as an aid to non-Arabic readers of the Qur’an. After it was completed in 2000, he sent it to a select group of Arabic scholars, speakers and readers as well as to a representative cross-section of Muslim readers for further review and correction. This latter stage, coupled with careful revisions of form, layout and design, took 3 more years. It was printed and bound during Ramadan 1424-2003.
- ISBN 1-879402-99-8
- Library of Congress Control Number 2003091516
- 1950 pages of facing Arabic/English/Roman text plus 57 pages of
- Notes, Charts and Index
- 6 in x 9 in x 3 in [15.5 cm x 23 cm x 6.5 cm]
- Transliterated & Set in early 21st Century America English by Sh. A. Nooruddeen Durkee
- English Text Edited by Hajjah Noura Durkee
- Arabic Text Hand written by Munshi Muhammad SharifTajwidi Orthography by Ustadh Zafr Iqbal
- Printed on Archival Quality papers in United Kingdom
- Hard Bound Library Quality binding blind stamped in gold
- Arabic text certified correct by both Egyptian and Pakistani religious authorities.