This series provides a new, integrated approach to teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers and is the first European curriculum to equip students with the skills needed to start speaking Arabic almost immediately.
The curriculum uses guide-art methods and techniques recommended by experts in foreign-language instruction and take into account the unique nature of the Arabic language and its distinct characteristics.
The student text is the first step of I Love Arabic Series (from 10 years old) and is supported by a comprehensive workbook, handwriting book, and teacher case. The text is comprised of 7 units discussing critical issues of a child's world.
Each unit is divided accordingly:
- Let's Talk: Simple passages are the base for learning linguistic structures of sounds, vocabularies, expressions, and syntax structures. This section aims at facilitating the learning and teaching processes of Arabic.
- Vocabulary: Vocabulary words are taken directly from reading dialogue. They are combined with graphics to further student understanding and sensory perception.
- New Structures: Learn basic Arabic structures through illustrations and examples complete with answer key.
- Conversation: Conversational exercises encourage students to participate in classroom activities, apply reading material within dialogue, and ultimately become fluent speakers.
- Reading: Reading passages include various cultural subjects with a variety of expressions concentrating on Arabic and Islamic cultures.
Section reading goals include:
- Silent sustained reading with complete understanding of content.
- Students read the passages aloud, so teachers can correct pronunciation.
- Sounds: Students repeat sounds after listening to unit examples.
- Oral Expression: Each unit includes an assignment to answer questions based on illustrations.