The kindergarten curriculum is broken down into four volumes: Islamic History, Sirah of Rasulullah, Qur'anic Studies, and Fiqh & "Ibadat". Each section also contains activity sheets for teachers to copy and use in the classroom. It is a complete course for teachers. Teachers can visit IQRA's website at www.iqra.org for complete Kindergarten lesson plans for each subject. All volumes are available in hard cover. And this is the volume two of these comprehensive courses of study spanning the three years of pre-elementary schooling. This Curriculum covers four areas of Islamic knowledge:
• Qur'anic Studies
• Sirah and Haddith of Rasulullah
• Fiqh and Ibadah (Islamic Akhlaq and Adab)
• Islamic Social Studies: Geography and History of the Muslim people.
• Islamic system of government and laws of economics for Muslims.
The aim of the program is to develop a child's Islamic personality through the inculcation of Islamic values and nurturing of Islamic behavior. Keeping in mind the cognitive, social, motor, emotional and physical characteristics of school-aged children (6 - 8 years), emphasis should be on the acquisition and development of Islamic behavior. In the upper elementary Levels, goals will be extended to include the study and critical understanding of carious fields of Islamic behavior and practice for school-aged children, who learn and adopt new behavior easily and quickly from those they idealize.
1. Modern methodology
2. Appropriate for all Islamic and home schools
3. Qur'anic Studies
4. Sirah and Haddith of Prophet Muhammad
5. Fiqh and Ibadah (Islamic Akhlaq and Adab)
6. Islamic Social Studies: Geography and History of Muslim people, Islamic system of government and laws and economics for Muslims.
7. 29 lesson plans on the concepts of Eman, Salah, Sawm, and Hajj.