World Eras: Rise and Spread of Islam Volume 2
World Eras is patterned after the award-winning American Decades series. Covering areas often overlooked by other publications, World Eras provides a multicultural approach that directly reflects changing curriculum standards, with a cross-disciplinary overview of world history and a strong emphasis of daily life and social history.
Each volume in this set contains in-depth coverage of one era and is organized into ten chapters:
- World events -- A Chronology
- The Arts -- Sculpture, Architecture, Painting and Music
- Communications, Transportation and Exploration
- Social class Systems and the Economy -- focusing on social-economic hierarchy
- Politics, Law and the Military
- Leisure, Recreation and Daily life -- housing, clothing, food, education, etc.
- Family and Social Trends -- customs, beliefs, roles and responsibilities
- Religion and Philosophy
- Science, Technology and Health
Each volume includes an introductory essay that provides context and overview of the era written by a scholar in the field and will contain 150 photographs, line drawings, diagrams, illustrations and sidebars. Each chapter within a volume includes an introductory essay, a timeline, entries on specific topics, events or movements, biographies of prominent individuals, and important publications of the era. A glossary of subject-specific terms appears at the end
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!